Monday, February 9, 2015

Healthy and Safety Violations at a Toronto Booster Juice Location

I hate to start this blog entry of my beloved Booster Juice on a such a negative note, but 
some light needs to be shed on what is going on in regards to health and safety at a local Booster Juice in Toronto. The Toronto Star brought it to our attention that the Booster Juice in Yorkdale Shopping Center, was given a conditional pass from Toronto Public Health inspectors. Apparently, this particular Booster Juice establishment did not keep hazardous food below a set temperature limit, they failed to wash their equipment properly and could not manage to maintain the correct food safety procedures. 

YUCK! As a semi-regular customer at this Booster Juice, I can not help but think of the potentially contaminated Tropical Tornado smoothie I may have consumed within the past couple of months. The hypochondriac in me wonders if that cold I had back in December was caused by unwashed blenders and warm frozen yogurt. The rational side of me wonders if an establishment like Booster Juice, whose entire menu consists of mostly frozen fruits, yogurt and milk can really become that hazardous. Unfortunately, the dairy products could be a big issue if they are not kept a the right temperature. Sorry, Booster Juice, I tried! The best thing to do is avoid this location for now, there is over 50 other locations in the Greater Toronto Area. 

What do you think about this Booster Juice's health and safety violations? Would you still order from this location? 

1 comment:

  1. That's really shitty to hear! I love Booster Juice, and it definately makes me question other locations as well!

    ReplyDelete